Become a Club Parent
Parents can be involved in First Priority in many ways. Involvement gives you a chance to make a difference in the lives of many young people and model for them the character of Christ. Here are ways for you to contribute to a First Priority campus club:
- Prayer—As a Christian parent, you are already praying for your child. Also pray for your child’s entire student body and school administration. Here are some ways you can pray for your child’s school:
- Pray that Christian students will have a concern for others on campus who do not know Christ.
- Pray that students will stand up for their faith on campus.
- Pray for school administrators and faculty members.
- Pray for unity among the campus club’s student leaders.
- Pray for hurting students.
- Involvement—You can make a difference in the lives of young people by getting involved in a campus club.
- Contact the campus coach for volunteering opportunities.
- Transportation - You can be a source of transportation, or take turns with other parents carpooling students to and from club meetings.
- Refreshments - If enough parents commit to provide refreshments for one week, each parent would only have to do it once per year.
- Vision Casting—You have an opportunity to share the vision and excitement of First Priority of West Florida (FPWF) campus clubs with others in your church and community.
- Invite people to the Vision Casting meetings and fund raisers.
- Personally contribute to FPWF.
- Introduce Shane to business owners and community leaders who may be interested in supporting FPWF.
- Join the FPWF mailing list to receive current information on Vision Casting meetings, upcoming events, and more.
- Finances—Parents can give directly to First Priority. Funds given to the campus club allow more opportunities for students to share Christ with their friends. Do not be afraid to talk to local businesses about funding for a club. They cannot give if they are unaware of what is going on and the need for funding.